- Get Help
- For Service Providers
- About 2-1-1 Maryland
Mission & Vision
Maryland will be a state where it is easy to access information on health and human services and critical incidents
The mission of 2-1-1 Maryland is to be a statewide resource always available by telephone and internet to connect citizens to health and human resources at any time, a resource for government officials to make information available to Marylanders in the event of natural disasters or man-made incidents and a way for Marylanders to connect with opportunities to offer help to others.
The values and principles that will guide 2-1-1 Maryland are:
- Availability and accessibility. Services will be available to callers whenever they choose to call or log on. Services will be accessible to everyone and will be available by telephone, TTY, directories, and the Internet.
- Reliability, accountability and consistency. Using an information and referral standards-based approach such as provided by the Alliance of Information and Referral Systems, 2-1-1 Maryland will develop and implement systemwide performance measures to ensure reliable, accurate, and consistent service.
- Privacy. Personal identifying information will be used only for purposes agreed to by the callers.
- Self-Determination. Every caller has the right to determine what their needs are and to choose what services they want or don’t want to access. Callers will be provided with the fullest range of service options available to meet their needs in a manner that respects their personal values, delivered to them in a fair, non-judgmental, and unbiased manner.
Efficiency. We will strive for maximum efficiency on multiple levels by:
- Leveraging existing infrastructure whenever possible;
- Minimizing or eliminating duplication or unnecessary redundancies;
- Achieving a high level of integration among the system call centers;
- Referring callers to the right agency resources correctly the first time; and,
- Being willing and available to support additional information and referral service needs by public and private agencies.