- Get Help
- For Service Providers
For Immediate Release
For more information, contact:
James Macgill, Jr.
2-1-1 Maryland, Inc.
2-1-1 Maryland, Inc. connects Marylanders with resources and information about the Affordable Care Act
Statewide health and human services hotline has provided 24/7 health and human service information and referrals since 2006
Baltimore, Md. (November 21, 2013) – 2-1-1 Maryland, Inc., the statewide 24/7 hotline that was introduced in 2006 as an access point for health and human service information and referrals, is assisting consumers who are seeking information on how to obtain health care resources available under the Affordable Care Act. This service is part of 2-1-1 Maryland’s mission to provide a user-friendly way to connect people in need with resources, including health care, housing, utility assistance and food. Across the state, 2-1-1 Maryland answered more than 274,000 calls in the fiscal year ending June 30, 2013 from people seeking information on a range of health and human service needs.
Below are several of the frequently asked questions about the Affordable Care Act that 2-1-1 Maryland’s call specialists are able to assist with.
· I would like to enroll in a health plan, but I do not know how to enroll. Where can I find information about how to enroll?
Dial 2-1-1 and a call specialist will connect you with the entity in your area where you can enroll in-person. The 2-1-1 call specialist will explain where the connector entities are located and the hours of service. The call specialist will also explain how to enroll online at www.marylandhealthconnection.gov and how to get help with online enrollment. 2-1-1 call specialists cannot enroll Marylanders in health plans.
· I have questions about the provisions of the Affordable Care Act. How can I learn what is in the law and what health insurance options are available to me?
Dial 2-1-1 and a call specialist will connect you with the Affordable Care Act’s statewide call center, Maryland Health Connection, which will provide information on the law and the health insurance options that are available.
· How do I enroll in Medicaid?
Dial 2-1-1 and a call specialist will connect you with the appropriate agency in your area, including the connector entity, the local health department or the local Department of Social Services., where there are health care navigators on-site who can screen for eligibility and help you enroll.
Before 2-1-1 Maryland became a permanent hotline in the state in 2006, a person seeking help had to navigate hundreds of different hotline numbers to locate the right resource. 2-1-1 revolutionized access to help by simplifying it to one easy-to-remember phone number that links callers to trained specialists with a database of more than 4,700 resources at their fingertips, 24 hours a day in 150 languages. These resources address:
· Basic human needs: food and clothing, shelter, rent and utility assistance.
· Physical and mental health: health insurance programs, Medicaid and Medicare, maternal health, medical information lines, crisis intervention, support groups, counseling, drug and alcohol services.
· Employment support: job training, transportation, education programs.
· Support for older Americans and people with disabilities: Day, respite and home health care.
· Support for children, youth and families: childcare, after-school programs, Head Start, family resource centers, mentoring, tutoring and protective services.
· Volunteer opportunities and donations: organizations that rely on help from people who care.
Anyone can call 2-1-1 Maryland for information 24/7, 365 days a year by dialing 2-1-1 from their phone. Normal airtime and other charges apply for cell phone users.